Factors that can affect the period for INSTALLING NEW WINDOWS
Every home is different, making it hard to estimate the actual time it takes for installing new windows. The installation time for a window will depend on many factors. Some factors that can extend the timeline for installation include;
- A rotten frame may require you to do exterior siding or change the frame before installing the window.
- Large windows take more time to complete compared to small windows.
- When you have to install a lot of waterproofing, it will take you more time than the normal type of windows.
- It takes more time when you have to remove an old window to install a new one.
- You’ll require more installation time when you hire inexperienced window installation companies. New inexperienced companies or installers take a longer time to finish the work than those experienced.
- Windows on the first floor are easily accessible and faster to install than those on subsequent floors. You’ll need extra equipment to access the second and third floors when installing, which means more time to complete the same work.
- The time of the year matters. For instance, during summer, the majority of companies tend to be busy as most people repair their windows during this time. As such, the process can take more time to complete.
- The manufacturing company you choose. If you’re situated in a big city, you may have several options for manufacturers. This means you can choose a company near you, making it easier to deliver the equipment.
- Your ideal type of window. If you want custom shapes and sizes, it will take more time to complete the project.
- Type of material of the window. For instance, installing wooden windows takes more time because you have to prime and paint.
How to prepare for installing new windows
You can make the installation job easier and faster for the installers by preparing your home for the job in advance. Here are some things you can do;
- Keep doors open to allow free movement
- Remove the blinds or curtain
- Take away the security sensors
- Get rid of any wall hanging or decorations to make a clear pathway for the installers
- Create a clear pathway for easy movement
- Get rid of window treatments
Choosing the right window for your project
Having a good window can drastically reduce the amount of time needed for installation and provide many more benefits. If you want to replace old windows or install new ones, ensure you choose the best window available. Some factors to consider when selecting a window include;
You want to buy a window you can afford. However, make sure you compare the cost of different types of windows and choose one that fits your project and is within your budget.
Good windows should prevent the escape of conditioned air from your home or business. Besides, they should help reduce heat transfer from both directions.
You need to know the type of window that is best for you. Common window types you can select for your home include; casement, double-hung, single-hung, bay and bow & specialty windows.
Buy windows from a company that has certification labels that offer warranties. Don’t forget to ask for samples for maximum satisfaction.
Select a window that you find easy to install with no need for additional work.
Cleaning and maintenance
An ideal window should be easy to clean and maintain
Consider your house type
Don’t just choose a window for the sake of it. Pick a window based on your house location, architecture, and landscaping of your home.
Consider windows that can resist extreme weather conditions. For example, you can consider installing tempered glass windows because they are stronger than regular glass windows.
Should you choose installing new windows?
The perks of installing new windows in your business or home are countless. Some of these include:
- Increase the resale value
- It gives the house a new look and a new view.
- Makes your home energy efficient. Windows regulate indoor temperatures and insulate your home, putting less strain on your HVAC system.
- It enhances your home security and safety.
- Enhances home comfort
- Low-maintenance solutions since you can put blinds, thus reducing the need for dusting.
- Quality windows help reduce dust and allergens.
- Aid with noise control if you live in a noisy neighborhood or near the main road.
- Protect your furniture from fading color and coating.
- Keep your privacy. Multi-pane glasses help to improve the privacy of your home.
- Better functionality compared to old windows that can stick, stall, or have difficulties closing and opening.
Have more questions about installing new windows?
Getting your windows installed becomes an easy and fast process if you choose the right company and the right type of window. The process takes more time if you decide to do it yourself or use an inexperienced professional.
To ensure you’re getting the services of a dependable company, check on their previous work to determine if they are experienced to handle your work. Your installer should be able to examine your project and provide the expected timeframe for completion.